Buhay

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Adobo

A famous Filipino dish, comfort food for many and brings back good memories. The first time I cooked adobo, it turned out to be too sour, thanks to the vinegar. But, thanks to my ninang, who gave me a tip, that I should measure equal proportions of the soy sauce & vinegar, it has since become one of my hubby's favorite dinner. I have never imagined before that I will be cooking in my life, before immigrating, I rarely visit the "dirty" kitchen as we know it. I did not even have any patience, interest, whatsoever with cooking. Then, one day, I needed to cook! Or we might go hungry..ha..ha..ha.. Alas, watching the Barefoot Contessa, Jamie Oliver, Rob Feenie and the Iron Chefs in the Food Channel inspired to be the master of my kitchen. Restaurant food never tasted the same again. Acquiring the skill, awakened our taste buds. My hubby cooks too, he too had the same kitchen history as I did.
By the way, we just had Adobo for dinner and my "food to share" for our office potluck tomorrow.
I guess, great tastebuds is in the genes. Is'nt it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home