Buhay

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Starwars, Flipflops, etc

I saw Starwars III the other day, it was totally better than the I & II, but I think the original Starwars is still the best! Yoda is my favorite character, he's a cute little green thing. Obiwan did well too, Ewan McGregor did a good job. I was disappointed with the script though, I felt they could have said more, but I think it was shortened to accomodate the attempt to bridge the whole series together. The transformation of Darth Vader is interesting, it was the same time Luke & Leah was born, the future hope of the galaxy. Padme's role was diminished to being a helpless woman, she was so strong in the other episodes, why so drastic?
Nonetheless, the fight scenes was the best still..that is the highlight of Starwars movies anyway, it should be.

----------------------------------

Flipflops, Flipflops - that's the name they gave to "tsinelas" here. I wore one today. I felt weird because the tsinelas is usually worn indoors, especially the flipflops they call here...it's the rubber slippers back home worn in the bathroom, or at the beach or going to market, not for the mall..but here, it's a very trendy thing - young girls wear them when the sun comes out. Maybe it reminds them of the beach, something very tropical. So, I got a blue one for myself from Old Navy. It was cheap in Canadian standards, but if I start to convert it's equivalent would be a nice shoe back home. As my sister said, everything is relative, did she? Not sure now? I think so. Most likely, she's the philosopher..ha..ha.
I should have bought it when I was back home!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:01 AM, Blogger jymdrn said…

    haha, ako nga ang nagsabi ng "everything is relative" haha.

    oh, and they also call the tsinelas flipflops here. and everything's changed na, they don't wear it indoors anymore na lang. maraming pumapasok sa school na naka-tsinelas nalang!

    eek.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home